Transforming the World of Clinical Research
A global system for clinical trials, responsibly conducted according to the highest standards of safety, quality and efficiency.
To collaboratively reshape the world of global clinical research, patterned after the international air transport system and leveraging the expertise of stakeholders world-wide.
- All sites accredited by independent local agencies according to internationally recognized standards
- All sites operated and staffed by fully trained, certified, professional research teams
- All activities supported by a robust, web-based shared information system to promote safety, quality and efficiency
- All sites operating under a fully integrated system of accredited human research protection programs
- Aligning ethical principles with good business practices to facilitate responsible drug and device development
Site Accreditation Standards Initiative
The Site Accreditation Standards Initiative (SASI) is a collaborative effort to engage stakeholders and experts in clinical research and accreditation from around the world to develop uniform, comprehensive standards to be used by third-party accrediting organizations globally to ensure professionalism and operational excellence at clinical trial sites worldwide.
Site Optics and Quality Informatics
The Site Optics and Quality Informatics (SOQI) initiative seeks to define research site-based performance metrics and system-wide informatics standards and functions that will ensure interoperability of clinical trials management systems (CTMS) with the ACRES Global Technology Network to promote data-accessibility, operational excellence and industry collaboration for the clinical trials ecosystem.
A Global Culture of Safety and Quality in Clinical Research
ACRES quality and safety initiatives focus on reengineering clinical research by bringing stakeholders together to develop a common understanding of quality drivers and human factors underlying management and organization of processes and creating a platform for the controlled exchange of quality benchmark data to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
ACRES Global Challenge
ACRES Global Challenge, a public-private partnership aligning ethics and good business practices, is an initiative to develop sustainable, world-class research capacity in emerging countries that choose to participate as part of their economic, academic and public health development to address specific disease burdens and improve local health research infrastructure.
- Register your Clinical Research Site with the ACRES Global Network.
- Read our latest press releases and papers.
Follow us on LinkedIn.
- Contact ACRES for more information.
- Subscribe to ACRES Newsletters.
- Attend one of our ACRES Events.
A Global Research Network
Register your Clinical Research Site.
Global Technology Network
ACRES supports its many initiatives with its world class Global Technology Network. Learn more here.
Leveraging Global Infrastructure
The Alliance for Clinical Research Excellence and Safety is a non-profit organization, promoting multi-sector collaborations to address the dysfunctions and inefficiencies in the clinical trials system globally through more effective integration of the core processes and cultural transformation involved in clinical research. Each ACRES initiative is intended to leverage investments for the mutual benefits of all stakeholders -- driven by principles of inclusivity, integration, integrity and innovation with close attention to eliminating waste, mitigating risk and learning from variation.