Frequently Asked Questions
What is ACRES?
What is needed?
- Overcome the ineffectiveness and inefficiencies in the clinical research enterprise
- Improve clinical research processes where they are most vulnerable from regulatory, business and ethical perspectives
- Develop an expanded cadre of responsible, well-qualified and committed clinical investigators across the globe
- Create consensus safety standards within a just culture to help rebuild trust in clinical and health research wherever conducted
- Maximize the use of information technology and resources to achieve inter-operability
- Align social, regulatory, economic and professional incentives to facilitate change
How will ACRES achieve its objectives?
- Development of standards for professionalism in clinical research, including education, certification, and accreditation
- Create a global network of research sites that achieves inter-operability on multiple levels. The goals are to achieve greater efficiency, quality and safety.
- Provide leadership for cultural transformation and modernization of safety in clinical research
- Gain the support and endorsement of regulatory agencies, stakeholders, sponsors, research participants, academia and the public
- Improve research capacity in emerging countries in a socially responsible manner
- Work transparently with all stakeholders to achieve these goals in the public interest